Tomorrow I meet my son. It’s surreal to type that, let alone think about it. The anticipation of a planned birth is interesting: it’s exciting, it’s scary, it’s emotional.
This whole pregnancy has been one wild ride. From a horrendous first trimester full of exhaustion and sickness to finding out our son will be born with some health issues, it’s been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. But above all, it’s been amazing. Pregnancy is such a gift. Yes, it’s tough. Yes, for nine+ months your body and emotions are surrendered to someone else. But, it is such a miracle. Knowing this is most likely my last pregnancy has really helped me appreciate every second of it, even those moments when it was less than pleasant.
And now it’s just about over. I’m going to miss waking up each and every morning with something to look forward to. I’m going to miss feeling him kick inside of me and knowing we have this special bond that no one else is aware of. But mainly, I’m just excited to meet him. I can’t wait to complete my family and to start the next era of my life.
My last weekly pregnancy pics!! So sad! And the final weekly tid-bits…
- Total weight gain: 35 lbs (well, technically only 34.8)
- Suffering from some serious insomnia around 3am each night, but I know it’s all for a reason
- Baby boy contorts my stretched-to-the-max belly into the craziest shapes now (but not for long!)
- Enjoying several uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions each day
- Not really having any food cravings
- Reflux is still horrendous, but that will disappear once he’s out!
- Still no name set in stone, but the hubby and I will have lots of time to hash it out at the hospital tomorrow
- Nervous about how Landon will adjust to the new addition
- Excited for Leila to help me take care of him
- Anxious, anxious, anxious
And one last look back on my previous two pregnancies. I’m a little bit sad that I won’t have a 40 week photo this time around!
The bikini – HA HA! No way would you catch me in a bikini this time around! I was so itty bitty with Leila.
Well, keep us in your thoughts and prayers! And have a very happy 4th of July if I don’t get back on here before then!