I’m back! After 14 weeks of losing myself to this pregnancy, suffering from the worst morning sickness I’ve ever had to deal with, I’m happy to report that I’m feeling like myself again. Hallelujah!
I am now 15 weeks along in my pregnancy with baby #3 and it’s time to start documenting it. With both of my other babes I started taking belly pics and recording my pregnancy at 15 weeks, so I plan to do the same with this one.
First, a little synopsis of the first trimester:
One word: HELL. From 6 weeks until around 14 weeks, I wanted to die. Not really, but there were moments that were so miserable I could hardly bear it. To sum it up, from the time I woke up until I went to sleep all I wanted to do was sleep and puke. All of my energy went to trying not to throw up while simultaneously either working or caring for my family. It was rough. The thought of food made me sick to my stomach, yet the only thing that kept the nausea at bay was constantly eating. In the middle of the night I would sometimes wake up just to vomit and then crawl back in bed. On more than one occasion I picked the kids up from daycare, grabbed some snacks out of the cupboard and lounged on the couch while they ate junk for dinner and watched TV. It really was survival mode for me. I don’t ever want to go through that again.
And now I am in the 2nd trimester. Oh how I love you second tri!!! Here’s what’s going on at 15 weeks:
- Large and in charge. I’ve gained 10 lbs already and I am definitely bigger than I was with my other two at this point. Probably from having to eat constantly to keep the nausea at bay and the fact that I pretty much stopped working out for a while.
- The “ring test” said I am having a boy, but this pregnancy is very similar to my first one with my daughter. I don’t really have a strong feeling one way or another at this point.
- Cravings: salty, sour, spicy. Definitely not healthy cravings here. But, my sweet tooth is pretty much nonexistent which is bizarre. Still want nothing to do with coffee which is also very bizarre.
- Baby’s heart rate was 150 and then 154 when we got to hear it.
- Leila is already into kissing my belly and telling the baby that she loves him/her. And she took such great care of me when I was sick in the first tri. Can’t wait to see her become a big sis all over again.
- Landon is clueless about everything.
- I bought some Bar Method DVDs that I’ve been doing at home. Now that I’m feeling better I will probably get back in the studio this week.
- Counting down the days until Feb when we get to find out our baby’s sex and start planning the bedroom situation in our house. Two bedrooms, three kids…
And now, just for fun, I’m including my side-by-side comparison from when Landon was in my belly at 15 weeks. This time around I’m 30 and pregnant with baby #3 so I don’t think a side-by-side is appropriate – for my own self esteem and sanity, ya know? 😉 I do love to see how my photography skills have improved over the years, though! Ha!