Hello! Long time, no see! I’ve just been off, you know, battling yet ANOTHER nasty, awful, horrible, painful, nuissance of a cold while planning an AMAZING baby shower for a good friend and spending unnecessary amounts of time daydreaming about our upcoming escape to Hawaii.
I mentioned in my last post that life has been less than nice to me lately, so I’m really feeling like it’s time to dig myself out of this trench and focus on the good. Because ya know what? Even when life gets bad and then it gets worse, there are still so many things to smile about. Here are 5 things that I want to remember in the here and now – good things that are happening amidst all the crap…
- I am slowly, but surely becoming more confident in my parenting skills and I am proud of the mommy I am. I am a very laid back momma and I don’t fret the small things. Example: Most parents cringe at the thought of letting their 16 month old feed himself spaghetti – especially without a ginormous bib. Me? I let him have at it in a white onesie (ok, I admit it was because I was too lazy to go find the bib or take off the onesie). Landon had a blast, the stains came out of the onesie, and it took me like
215 minutes to clean up the mess. No big deal in the grand scheme of life.
- My daughter’s love for art makes me happy. She just figured out how to draw people and it is so much fun to see what she comes up with from her own imagination. That Mr. Potato head above? She was so proud of it that she wanted me to hang the doodle board on the wall. And so we did for 2 days.
- Soon I will be lounging on the beach with a pina colada in hand while my kiddos build sand castles around me. Need I say more?
- We didn’t have to pay the government any more money this year! Yay for tax returns (especially right before you go on a trip that you really can’t afford)!
- Products that make my life easier, like Chobani Champions Tubes…
A few weeks ago, Chobani sent me a big ole box of products to try and my family and I instantly fell in love with the Champions Tubes. I seriously did a happy dance when I found out that someone was finally putting healthy Greek yogurt in tubes! (Geez, I’m such a mom.) I mean sure, there are moms out there who are AMAZING and even make their own yogurt for their family (you need to check out this post from one of my favorite bloggers who I would love to become when I grow up), but that’s not me. I try to feed my kids healthy things, but in all honesty sometimes it just comes down to FAST and CONVENIENT over HEALTHY. So happy that Chobani is making my life a little easier!
Best part? The kiddos can’t get enough of them! Protein + Calcium + Vitamin D + Deliciousness = WIN!
And the even better part? You can win a case of EIGHT 8-pack boxes of Chobani Champions Tubes – that’s 64 tubes of yogurt! These babies will be sent right to your door from Chobani in a nifty cooler box.
All you have to do is enter via the ever-fabulous Rafflecopter widget below. One no-obligation FREE entry + 6 other opportunities to enter. I will pick the winner next Sunday. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was not paid to write this post. All opinions are my own. If you’ve previously purchased Go-Gurts for your children, then you can understand my excitement over a healthier, even yummier option.